Sunday, November 22, 2015

May 2015

I'll start with the kid's highlights for this month:
Kallie:
  • Saw a picture of Jesus in her Book of Mormon and told me "that's my friend, Jesus!"
  • Kallie was dressed up like a princess, so I told her: "I love you princess", to which she responded: "I love you princess mommy"
  • Pets Jenna's head and says "nice baby Jenna"
  • Fell down the stairs (tripped over blanket) in your new princess shoes, smacked head on the tile and got a purple goose egg (a small one, thankfully)
  • Started watching Cinderella. She calls the cat "silly bad guy cat" and the mouse "silly mouse jack"
  • Told me "mom, no more singing!"
  • Loves her new purple room, and is excited to show it to anyone who comes over!


Jenna:

  • Tried to start crawling/scooting with her cast still on
  • Accidentally clubbed Kallie with your cast, multiple times in one day. Kallie did not like it
  • Got cast off! She was getting pretty good at sitting up with her cast on, now she's trying to re-adjust and figure it out again. It seems like her leg is still bothering her a little. She doesn't like to stand on it or put pressure on it, but I'm sure she'll progress quickly!
  • She is a rolling machine--doesn't stay in the same place. Has tried to scoot
  • Loves trying new foods--especially solids. Loves bread
  • She's a ninja--grabs everything, even if you think it's out of her reach

I think the best news for our sweet Jenna is that her cast is off! She healed really well, and really fast! Her poor little foot and ankle were pretty bruised, but I think she was just happy to have her leg free! You can tell she's not quite used to it yet, she still sits with her right leg straight out, but I'm sure she'll adjust really soon!


I think our biggest and most exciting event this month is that we moved into our new house!!! We absolutely love it! (A BIG thanks to my parents for letting us live with them for the past year--it was a HUGE blessing for us. And thanks to our family and friends who helped us move in!) We are working on doing some more landscaping, so hopefully that will come along quickly. Mike hired a few guys to help him dig a trampoline into our back yard, and it's a big hit! The girls love being outside and Jenna thinks it's so funny to lay on the trampoline while Kallie jumps.

The girls and I spent a morning at the Hogle Zoo with Shar, Caleb, and Tyson. Jenna spend most of her time in the stroller, but I think Kallie enjoyed it enough for the both of them! She thought that the dinosaurs were so cool, and had a great time pretending to be scared of them. I think Kallie's favorite part was riding the train!


The girls continue to adore Mike. He always spends some time with them when he gets home from work. Their new favorite thing to do together is to jump on the trampoline--I think they would stay out there all day if they could!


We were able to go to Las Vegas for Chris's dental school graduation. We met the Henderson's at mom and dad's house in Beaver and stayed the night before, and then left the next morning to finish the drive to Vegas; unfortunately we hit a pretty decent snow storm on the drive down there (and rained, a lot). We were so glad we were able to make it to support Chris. Mike was able to sit on the stand during the graduation and hand Chris his diploma (and it was so fun to see our family!) On the way home (at 11:30 pm) we stopped at a gas station in Mesquite and I went in to the bathroom while Mike filled up. When I got back, the car was locked with our kids, the keys, and our cell phones inside. Thankfully we were traveling with Mel and Rob, so Rob helped us call for help, and we eventually got back in our car!


The next weekend we were lucky enough to get to spend more time with the Merkley family! Sweet little Claire was baptized. We are proud of her, and so glad we got to be a part of this special event.

We made it back home from Wyoming in time to spend Memorial Day with my family. We had a BBQ at Lisa's house, and we gathered at Grandpa's grave site. He was such a sweet man, and we sure miss him. It was a busy day, and we had Kallie skip her nap since we were busy with family events. By the time we got home and were feeding her dinner, she was completely wiped out. I was on the phone for a few minutes, and when I turned back around, I saw Kallie crashed out in her chair! (I guess that's not too surprising, since we had traveled the last two weekends and had a lot of fun! We wiped the poor kid out!)
The pool at the Country Club opened on Memorial Day weekend! We are so excited--we always have such a fun time going to the pool with our family! The girls both love the water, and playing with their cousins, so I'm sure we will be there a lot this summer--thanks Pappy and Deedee!
And last but not least, Mike went on a boy's trip up in the Wyoming mountains with Rob, (Rob's friend) Brady, and Chris. They made their own tent out of a tarp, and went ATV-ing, hiking, and fishing. They had a great time together! (We are sad that Chris and Rachel are moving so far away (to Texas). So I'm glad the boys got to spend some quality time together before C&R move!)



No comments:

Post a Comment